As I’d spent the day drinking Cambridge Weight Plan shakes, this tasty and simple prawn recipe was a welcome change. It only took about 10 minutes to prepare and cook, and fits perfectly into the Step 2 dinner allowances. If you give it a try, let me know what you think!
What goes in?
- 190g cooked prawns
- 75g reduced fat cottage cheese (less than 2% fat)
- 60g sweet pointed red pepper
- 20g spinach, watercress and rocket
- Pinch of chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Dried basil
- Splash of white wine vinegar
How do you make it?
- Dry fry the pepper in a non stick plan on medium heat
- When you start to see black spots on the pepper, add a splash of water and cook until most of the water is gone
- Add a splash of white wine vinegar, the chilli, the smoked paprika and cook for one more minute then remove from the heat.
- Add the prawns and a shake of dried basil and stir up until everything is coated.
- Add a shake of dried basil to the cottage cheese and plate up, alongside a bed of the salad leaves.
- Finally, add your prawn and pepper mix on top of the salad and serve.