We ate this on Day 2 of the Cambridge Weight Plan (Step 2)
What goes in it?
- 190g raw tuna steak
- 1 large flat mushroom
- Small bunch of watercress, rocket and spinach leaves
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Dried oregano
- Ground coriander
- 1/2 small clove of garlic
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
How do you make it?
- Splash both side of the tuna steak with balsamic vinegar and dust with the coriander and shake a little oregano over it. Leave it to marinade for 20-30 minutes or so.
- Finely chop the garlic and rosemary. Sprinkle over the open mushroom and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap the mushroom in foil, keeping the open side facing up. Place in a pre heated oven (around 200C). After 20 minutes, open the foil and place back in then oven for another 5 minutes.
- Heat a non stick frying pan on medium heat. Add the tuna steak and fry with oil, turning once or twice, until it’s only just no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve with the leaves. When my tuna is less than 190g I sometimes add a little reduced fat cottage cheese to the top of the mushroom. Mmm.