Tonight was my first Cambridge Weight Plan evening home alone. With my other half working a late shift, I was unsure how my willpower would fare against a house full of food. Given that J is a great cook and I am what can generously be described as ‘learning’, I set myself the task of making something from scratch that a) was ‘on plan’ and b) didn’t kill me. I feel massively chuffed as what I ended up doing tasted great, didn’t kill me and involved actual cooking.
I’m going to make this for J next time I’m feeling nice
What goes in it?
- 245g (max) skinless chicken breast
- 1 pot of fat free natural yogurt
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika (hot)
- A generous shake of chilli flakes
- A generous shake of ground coriander
- 50g chopped cucumber, deseeded
- Bunch of chopped coriander
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Small bunch of leaves
How do you make it?
- Add the spices to 2 tbsp of the low fat natural yogurt and mix.
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes and mix into the yogurt, ensuring each piece is well covered.
- Leave to marinade for at least 30 mins (I left it for just over an hour).
- Thread the chicken pieces onto wooden skewers (that have been pre-soaked).
- Heat under a hot grill until cooked, turning occasionally (for me this was about 10 mins).
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, add the cucumber, coriander and spring onion to the remaining yogurt and mix. Season if necessary.
- Service the chicken and the dip with some leaves.